Monday, April 5, 2010

Constitutional Right to Keep Bare arms

Early this Easter Monday, I am struck that I have not yet seen any Easter Sunday pictures of the presidential family, nor for that matter, I don't remember seeing any last year. Early in the term, much was made of Mrs Obama's sleeveless tops. I. have always said, if they look good, let's see them. Surely the constitution guarantees Michelle's right to keep bare arms, but often we Californians forget that winter may be hanging on in some areas. In early 1975, I was on sabbatical leave and in Rhode Island on baseball opening day, lazy snowflakes were drifting down. For April 19, local radio was saying "Surely you should come to Concord, but don'ts expect to (1)Find parking (2)Find food or (3) see anything. However, Boston TV reenacted the redcoats marching in close formation, and the revolutionairies hiding behind the trees. I am not a real poetry fan, but Emerson's words choke me up a bit, "By the rude bridge arching the flood, their flag to April's breeze unfurled, here the embattled farmers stood, and fired the shots heard 'round the world." Vaya con Dios and God save the United States of America.

No comments:

Post a Comment