Saturday, April 10, 2010

cats are people too!!!?

So said the sign on a colleague's door. Now, maybe one of my 4 readers saw the story regarding the whale who was all tangled in a net for some days. Several divers cut off the ropes and freed the whale but he/she stuck around a while "trying to thank us". One has also heard of porpoises who seem very intelligent. This raises the ethical question,"Is a butcherable animal one you don't know personally? I previoualy mentioned my Guernsey cow could shake an apple tree for the enjoyment of her and her colleagues. She, fortunately for my sanity, entered the food chain out of my sight. Maybe the vegetarians occupy a higher moral plain than us "flesheaters". Well, in the words Yul Brynner delivered as king of Siam (now Thailand), "Is a puzzlement"

No comments:

Post a Comment