Saturday, January 1, 2011

Lincoln had an inkling

As he rode the train from Washington to Gettysburg, Lincoln wrote "The world will little know nor long remember what we say here---" Telegraph had been invented, so he could expect that a diligent operator could flash his words over much of his domain. I just finished waTCHING the telecast of the Rose Parade,presimably watched by millions of people worldwide. Now these people probably never wonder about what came to your writer, Who has watched these parades perhaps for 50-60 years. This morning, I wondered "what and where is the city of Sierra Madre? Well, accordingto Google, in 2000 they had 10,000 men , women and children, and yet they consider it worthwhile t0 have a float in the parade. Only in this U.S. of A do towns assert their identity in this way. Now, of course, I asserted my identity by writing a blog and after a year and a half I have 7(seven) people who will admit following it. In comparison, resulting from the work of Time"s person of the year 2011. countless people submit reqauests to be my "Friend". Gee, if I agree, what do I do then? What, out of thin air, should I say? Better, people should read my blog. The talkative part of my soul is exposed there. The link is cgnnenatelgranada@blogspot.com. Stay in touch. Maybe this year I will get really productive.

No comments:

Post a Comment